According to Mark Roemer Oakland, it is crucial to create content that is optimized for SEO to rank high on the Google search results page. Fortunately, there are many methods you may follow to optimize content for SEO that drives in traffic and brings in revenue all year round.
Tips & Tricks
Here are a few tips you may follow to create content for SEO:
- Improve the flow and readability – In 2021, you cannot stuff your content with keywords and hope to rank high on Google. In fact, it’s a sure way to lose rank since it kills the flow and readability of content. Content with high readability improves SEO score since visitors love to read them and stay on the page for longer.
To improve the flow and readability of any content, you should organize the content with suitable headings and subheadings, and make sure it clearly and logically informs about the topic.
- Focus on your target audience – Before writing content, you should thoroughly research your target audience. For instance, who would search for the content, why they need the information, what type of information they need, and which keywords they are most likely to use to find the content.
Audience research would allow you to find the targeted keywords that are highly relevant for SEO. Plus, it would help you to do keyword research and topic research in a battery way.
- Focus on content quality – With so many competitors on the web, it is hard to stand out and provide value to your audience. One way to improve your value proposition and create content for SEO is to focus on content quality. Long-form content such as articles of over 2,000 words, ultimate guides, and blog posts that answer FAQ questions offer exceptional depth in the quality of content. That’s why they also perform better on Google search results.
- Integrate visual elements – People are intuitively wired to respond to visuals better than text. Thus, content that features high-quality and relevant photos instead of just text performs much better on Google. Plus, it makes the content look more professional and adds authority to the author.
Including visual elements like photos and infographics in your content also makes it a fun read.
- Include facts and citations – It is a good practice to include facts in your articles along with citations to the proper sources. This sets you apart from other content creators that don’t back up their claims and makes you more trustworthy. As a result, it also improves the SEO score of your content.
- Optimize your content for featured snippets – Getting featured on Google featured snippets can land you rank zero and increase traffic to your website. To increase the likelihood of getting featured on Google snippets, you must structure your content logically, use numbered and bulleted lists, include data and stats, and include answers that are specific and as high-quality as possible.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests you follow the tips stated above the next time you want to create content for SEO. Following these tips would definitely help your website rank better on the search engines.