I didn’t always love football. No, that isn’t true. I’ve always loved the energy that surrounds football and football season, but I didn’t always have love for the actual game. The reason? I didn’t understand it, and no one was patient enough to instruct me. Finally, I met my hubby, and he achieved it right. I’m now dragging him out of our home to watch football. Let’s get your girl to the Red Zone with these 10 ideas to get your girlfriend to watch football.
1) Let her know you actually want her to watch it with you. This is the most basic, but most significant tip.
2) Be patient with her. If she repeatedly asks you questions about certain plays, or what some specific jargon means, explain it to her. It takes merely a minute (not a football game sort of minute), and she’s one step closer to understanding the game.
3) Even if it’s simply for a moment, focus on her during the game. Okay, during commercials. Okay, http://footballeurostream.com during commercials if said commercials aren’t through the Super Bowl.
4) Include her if you are giving your buds a high five, but only give it 50% of one’s strength. Everyone likes a higher five. Some of us just prefer one without the macho whelps and blisters.
5) Get her a sexy jersey to wear for the favorite sports team. You’ll definitely want her around when she’s wearing it.
6) If she really wants to wear a pink jersey, let her.
7) This is something I’ve found, and maybe it’s sneaky, nevertheless, you guys are always twisting or squeezing something during sports. (Hopefully not you-know-what – you are not five years old.) Instead of gripping to the remote for dear life, put your hand on her shoulder or her leg. She may as well get a free massage while she can, whether you understand you’re carrying it out or not.
8) Have you heard of NFL Survivor? It’s the NFL game with the simplest concept and a ridiculous amount of cash to be won. Ready? At the beginning of the season, pick one team to win every week. You must put in your decision for the week by Thursday. It is possible to never pick that team again. Once you have chosen a team that loses, you’re out. In the event that you let her get in with this, not only will she be rooting for teams she never would’ve before, so will you.
9) If she can’t keep her eyes off Jordan Cameron or JJ Watt, don’t hold it against her. You have smokin’ cheerleaders to look at, and doesn’t she deserve a little eye candy too?
10) If all else fails, and she’s actually just a bummer to have around during football games, don’t force her to be there. Give her some cash and tell her to shop. You’ve got a game to watch.